The 83rd Cromartie Family Reunion
The 83rd Reunion of the Cromartie Clan was called to order by President Bob Cromartie. The clan sang “Scotland the Brave” accompanied by Andy Simpson, Bagpiper. The Urquhart banner was presented by Olivia Layton, Quinn Pollock and Collin Layton.
Announcements and Occasions
Election of officers for 2013 – 2014
- President – Taylor Cromartie
- Vice-President – Amanda Gilbert
- Recording Secretary – Ann MacDuffie
- Corresponding Secretary – Sandra L. Ludden
- Treasurer – Scott Cromartie
Amanda Gilbert requested pictures to be placed in the Cromartie History books she is publishing. Subscriptions for the books are available on Amanda’s website.
Len Clark announced that there are 50+ members in the association. The treasury balance is $2600.00 Len was presented a picture of the South River Church in recognition of his 10 years of service as Association Treasurer.
Silver Dollar recognition in attendance:
- Oldest Member – Harriett Robinson
- Youngest Member – Collin Layton
- Traveled Longest Distance – Amanda Gilbert
Building Report – Scott Cromartie
- The South River Presbyterian Church is a monument to our heritage.
- The structure is in excellent condition.
- Tents have been purchased for family association.
Memorial and Silent Prayer
Anthony A. Miller – passed away on December 11, 2011.
James Robertson – passed away on August 10, 2011.
Layton Ross – passed away on March 4, 2012.
Families were recognized and a time of sharing was enjoyed.
The speaker was Dr. Walter H. Conser, Jr., Professor of History at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. Dr. Conser spoke about “The Place of South River Church in the Religious Climate of America During the Colonial and Post-Revolution Eras.”
An offering was taken to benefit the clan, followed by the closing hymn “Bless Be The Tie That Binds” and Recessional of the Tartans while singing “Urquhart Clan Returns to Cromarty.”
Jane H. Ross